Unofficial rules for Xbox 360 game releases
Last updated: 2008-05-31
Reccomended hardware for ripping games:
- Samsung TS-H943 with Xtreme firmware (not iXtreme); or
- Samsung SH-D162C / TS-H352C / SH-D163A / TS-H353A with Kreon firmware
Recommended software for ripping games:
- Latest version of Schtrom360Xtract (v3.4 at time of writing); or
- Latest version of Xbox Backup Creator (v2.6 at time of writing)
2) Image file must:
- contain correct Video Partition
- contain correct Video Data
- contain correct Security Sectors
- contain correct PFI / DMI (Stealth)
- be iXtreme compatable according to latest version of XDVDMulleter (Beta v10.2 at time of writing)
- Compression MUST be used (Best to Normal only)
- Recovery records MUST be used.
- rar files MUST be 100MB in size.
- .dvd file packed with the main rar (LayerBreak=1913760)
- Release MUST include sfv & nfo file.
4) NFO must include:
-Gamespot/IGN, or similar link.
-Number of archive files.
5) Directory naming:
- Directories must be in the format:
Acceptable characters are as follows:
0123456789 . -_
- LANGUAGE is only required if not English, and must be full language name, not abbreviated. If multilingual use MULTIX
- MULTIX is REQUIRED if there is more than one language option AND does not include English (X being the amount of
- Region coding is REQUIRED
- If region free state the region of origin
- If Europe then use PAL
- If USA then use NTSC
- If Asia then use JPN/KOR/ASIA (JAP ok but JPN preferred)
- If releasing Xbox1 game then use Game_Name-LANG-REGION-XBOX1_for_XBOX360-GRP
NB: Since Xbox1 backups now require DVD9, a.dvd file is required with the release
- Propers based on stealth patches/security sectors not being included are NOT allowed, release the patch separately!
(See rule 7)
- Propers based on previous releases having bad dir names are NOT allowed
- If you must release the full game again, keep it INTERNAL.
- NFO must contain:
- Full release name of release the fix is intended for use with
- Detailed description of what is being fixed in the nfo, with full instructions on how to apply fix (supplying
tools, or links to tools if necessary)
- Original release should be unnuked with reason get.GRP.fix
- Dirname format: